martes, noviembre 16, 2010

Father... I think I’m in love with you

“Father, I’d like to speak to you. Can we go out to lunch?” asked the young married woman.
“I’m sorry. I don’t go out to lunch alone with women. Let’s talk in the office,” the priest replied.

“Okay.” So they found an office and sat down to speak.

“Father, this is difficult for me to say... I think I’m in love with you.”

After a moment of silence, the priest answered, “Well, that can happen. It’ll go away after awhile.”

“How can you treat this so lightly?” she complained.

“Well, I’ve been in love many times, before I entered the priesthood, and I’ve learned that it’s not the end of the world. The emotions go where they will. You can’t control that. If you don’t cultivate this feeling it’ll go away in six months.”

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“Trust me!” he promised.

Six months later the two were milling around in the school office, with teachers coming in and out. “You remember what you told me six months ago?” the young mother asked.

“Yes,” he answered, hoping she would not start elaborating right there...

(for an alternative ending, click here)

No hay comentarios.: